Ethiopia: Recipes and Traditions from the Horn of Africa
National Geographic Traveller Best New Cookbook
Experience the wonderful flavors of Ethiopia and chef Yohanis’s dazzling collection of recipes
Ethiopia stands as a land apart: never colonized, it celebrates ancient traditions. The fascinatingly distinct cuisine is influenced by a history enriched with a religious mix of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, as well as some of the most fertile land on the continent.
Along with photography of the stunning landscapes and vibrant artisans of Ethiopia combined with insightful cultural and historical details this book demonstrates why Ethiopian food should be considered one of the world s most singular and enchanting cuisines.
The delicious dishes featured here include:
- Doro Wat, chicken stewed with berbere spice
- Siga Tibs, flashfried beef
- Asa Shorba, a hearty spiced fish soup
Plus vegetarian dishes such as:
- Gomen, collard greens with ginger and garlic
- Azifa, green lentil salad
- Dinich Alicha, potatoes and carrots in an onion turmeric sauce